What do we hope to do?
Our hopes and dreams line up with the goals of Home, Together: The Federal Plan As Set out By The U.S Interagency Council on Homelessness, and our plan is to follow in their footsteps to ensure we have a program that truly works.
WHAT DOES THE MATTHEW 25:40 PROJECT HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH
- We hope that with the success of our current and planned projects, and with your help, there will someday no longer be a person living on the streets, no person starving, no person freezing to death, no person looked at with disgust or disdain.
- We hope to rent "corporate" apartments where we can provide temporary safe housing for our families and seriously ill while we assist them in locating more permanent housing.
- We hope to build a job bank and match the skills our homeless already have to available jobs.
- We hope to be able to pay our homeless a day labor rate to help them pay bills while they attend classes and get certificates/licenses so they can move into full time jobs.
- We hope to purchase vehicles that will allow us to transport our friends to available jobs that might not be on a bus or rail route.
5 Year Plan
- We hope to build a large resource center that will provide our homeless with drug/alcohol rehabilitation, healthcare, childcare, grooming, mentoring, classes, access to computers, and other services to assist them in moving toward independent living.